Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a really simple and delicious meal. Since lamb chops can vary so much in size, please adjust cooking times accordingly. For the tomatoes, a disposable aluminum pan works really well. Cook time includes marinating time.
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 lamb chops, rib, bones frenched
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherry tomatoes, preferably on the vine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Stir together honey, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper and transfer to a sealable plastic bag.
- Add lamb, then seal bag, pressing out excess air and turning to distribute marinade.
- Marinate lamb, chilled, turning occasionally, 1 hour.
- Bring lamb to room temperature.
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill and on lid.
- Remove lamb from marinade, reserving marinade.
- When fire is medium-hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds), grill lamb on lightly oiled grill rack, turning once, about 4 minutes total for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm, covered.
- Cook tomatoes (still on vine, if using) in disposable roasting pan, covered with grill lid, carefully turning, until softened and just beginning to split, about 8 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic vinegar over tomatoes, turning to coat, then cook, uncovered, until vinegar is reduced by about half, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Bring reserved marinade with any lamb juices accumulated on platter to a boil in a small heavy saucepan, covered.
- Drizzle lamb with marinade and serve with tomatoes.
- Cooks' note:
- Lamb and tomatoes can also be grilled in batches in a lightly oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat (tomatoes will take less time to soften, about 3 minutes).
So easy and oh so delicious. This makes a beautiful presentation. The meat was well seasoned and how can you possibly go wrong with balsamic vinegar. This was served with roasted asparagus salad and brown rice for a wonderful meal. Made for ZWT 8 and the Gluten Free challenge.
lovely, lovely, lovely...tried this on a girls weekend and all thought we were dining at a 5 star...