Prep 3 hrs 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is another excellent recipe from a local TV Cookbook by "KCTS Cooks" (on the grill). It was sent in by proud Parents of a gourmet cook. Telling us that it will knock your socks off and stand by for a blast! I have made this numerous times and it will send you for a blast!
- 32 ounces halibut fillets
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (i.e. Lawry's, Nature's, I like Johnny's seasoning)
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup picante sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Combine all the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate halibut filets for three hours.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Grill halibut filets on medium-high heat 5 minutes per side, or to your liking.
- Serve immediately with sauce on the side.
This was a good marinade, and permeated the fish. We had fresh from AK halibut but felt it overwhelmed this delicious fish and was a little salty for our tastes. The overall flavor was good, but would need some tweaking if we made it again. I thought the sauce was great for dipping, my husband didn't like it as much. Again, maybe if we used it on a lesser cut of meat where you might be trying to "cover up" some fishy tastes it would be great. Made for 123 hit wonders.
pretty darn good. We loved the marinade,but will skip the sauce next time. Quick and easy , that's what we like in our kitchen. Thanks Teresa. Made for 123 tag.
Wonderfully flavorful marinade for fish. My grocery store was out of halibut, so I got Corvina instead. I used the inside grill and it cooked up fabulously! The sauce compliments the fish well. Very tasty!