Prep 24 mins
Cook 12 mins
Plan ahead the steaks have to marinade overnight or up to 2 days. If you are making more than 4 steaks then double the chili rub. You can also broil these in the oven. These steaks are AMAZING!
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 3 large garlic cloves (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons honey (or use white sugar)
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 loin strip steaks (about 1-inch thick)
- In a small bowl mash the garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon salt to make a paste, then add in chili powder, cumin, honey and Worcestershire sauce; mix to make a paste.
- Arrange the steaks on a plate or platter and rub both sides of the steaks with the chili paste.
- Transfer the steaks to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours (or up to 2 days). Remove the steaks 1 hour and 15 minutes and let sit at room temperature (this is IMPORTANT, the steaks must stay out at room temperature before grilling!).
- Prepare the grill.
- Grill the steaks about 5-6 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
AMAZING! This paste is magic and I would have thought it was too much chili powder but it wasn't. It was wonderful. The steaks were so tender, like slicing through butter. I am thoroughly impressed. Thanks, Kittencal.
I really impressed my husband with this!! Thanks!