Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from my sister in law . I like it to marinate at least 2 days for a nice flavorful steak.As it is sliced thinly one pound of meat goes a long way and there is no waste with a flank steak.
- 1 lb flank steak
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soya sauce
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- Score one side of meat by making shallow cuts in a crisscross design.
- Combine marinade and pour over meat.
- Cover and refrigerate 1-3 days- the longer the time the more tender the meat.
- Grill about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Slice in thin strips across the grain.
- Good hot or cold.
mmmmm...wow this was soooo tasty!! I marinated the steak for 1 day and it came out so tender...grilled it 4-5 mins per side for medium/medium rare...Great tasting marinade.. thanks for posting!
wonderful marinade made us a great tasting tenderful flank steak.....and I was only able to let it marinade for 8 hours... I can only imagine how wonderful it would of been if I were able to let it go the whole day...but if you don't quite have the time for a day or 2... the 8 hrs mine sat in it were both flaverful & tender