1 hr 15 mins
Copied from the June 2, 2003 issue of NY Magazine ("Italian Summer Pleasures from Antipasto to Gelato"). This recipe is from chef Tom Valenti from "Cesca" restaurant, opening in late June of 2003. Note: Prep/Cook time does not include the 2 to 3 hour marinating time for the chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/3 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (3 lb) chicken, quartered
Tomato-Bread Salad Panzanella
- 1Vinaigrette: Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, and season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- 2Chicken: Set aside 1/2 cup of the vinaigrette.
- 3Put the chicken pieces in a bowl, and add enough of the remaining vinaigrette to cover, or place the chicken in a plastic bag with the vinaigrette.
- 4Allow to marinate for 2 to 3 hours in refrigerator; bring to room temperature before grilling over medium coals.
- 5Sear on all sides, then move to a cooler spot on the grill to avoid flare-ups.
- 6Tomato-Bread Salad (Panzanella): Cut the tomatoes into 1-inch chunks, and season with salt, pepper and a pinch of sugar.
- 7Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes, then add the onions and bocconcini, basil and cubed bread to a bowl.
- 8Add 1/3 cup vinaigrette, toss together, and allow salad to sit for 20 minutes, adding more vinaigrette if necessary.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Marinated Chicken with Tomato-Bread Salad (Panzanella)
Serving Size: 1 (1127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2035.3
- Calories from Fat 1626
- Total Fat 180.6 g
- Saturated Fat 38.6 g
- Cholesterol 343.2 mg
- Sodium 638.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 90.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: