1/1 Photo of Grilled Marinated Beef Fillet With a Tangy Sauce
The Flying Chef's Note:
Marinated steak served on a bed of mash, topped with spinach and drizzled with a tangy sauce. I served mine on parsnip mash, but you can serve steak with whatever vegetable or potato you like, mine is only a serving suggestion. You can also use beef sirloin, rib-eye or rump steak instead of beef fillet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 steak fillets
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 -5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grainy mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules (I use quite a dense stock, so adjust for taste, with what you use.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar (generous)
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 100 ml sour cream
- 1Combine vinegar, oil and mustard's in storage container add steaks and marinate several hours or overnight.
- 2Drain beef and reserve marinade. In a medium saucepan add stock, sugar and water to reserved marinade. Heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Mix a little water with cornflour and add to sauce, stir until mixture thickens. Keep warm over low heat stirring occasionally. If sauce seems to be getting too thick add a little more water, not to much though, as remember you still have to add the sour cream which will thin it out again.
- 3Heat a small amount of olive oil in a pan over med high heat (or grill or BBQ) add the steaks and sear 1-2 minutes each side. Cook for a further 4-5 Min's a side for medium rare. Cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the meat. Remove steaks and allow to rest.
- 4While the steak rests, turn up the heat on the sauce and whisk in sour cream (this will also blend in any mustard that is still a little lumpy.), add pepper to taste.
- 5To serve: Place a few spoonfuls of desired mash in the centre of a plate, place steak on top and top with a mound of spinach, drizzle with sauce.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Marinated Beef Fillet With a Tangy Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (89 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 11.0 mg
- Sodium 293.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: