Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a taste sensation and great grilling recipe. My sister served this at a family cookout. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and clamored for the recipe. (Plan ahead, needs to marinade)
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves (WITH SKIN)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, tequila, salt and cayenne.
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade into bag; seal and refrigerate 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Heat a barbecue grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from bag; pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 full minute.
- Grill breasts, skin side down, for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Turn and baste with marinade.
- Continue to grill and baste until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.
Very good, moist, flavorful chicken. The next time I make it, I think I'll add a little more tequila, though. The 2 T wasn't enough to really make the taste come through. Like other reviewers, we used boneless, skinless chicken also.
This is fantastic! I too used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and they turned out moist and delicious. I made this at the end of the summer last year; I can't wait for grilling season to come back so I can make this again.
Very nice. I made this with boneless/skinless chicken breasts and the chicken was super tender. I will increase the spice next time as I didn't find this had much of a kick but it was very flavorful and moist. Will make again.