This is a taste sensation and great grilling recipe. My sister served this at a family cookout. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed it and clamored for the recipe. (Plan ahead, needs to marinade)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together lime peel, lime juice, olive oil, tequila, salt and cayenne.
- Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour marinade into bag; seal and refrigerate 1 hour, turning occasionally.
- Heat a barbecue grill to medium.
- Remove chicken from bag; pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and boil for 1 full minute.
- Grill breasts, skin side down, for 8 to 12 minutes.
- Turn and baste with marinade.
- Continue to grill and baste until chicken is no longer pink in the center and juices run clear.