From the Margarita Cookbook...considerably greater than the sum of it's parts. Try the dip on the chicken, the the chips in the dip. Top a chip with chicken then add the dip, etc.
- 1 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (at room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- tortillas or corn chips, for serving
- Combine lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec, olive oil, and garlic in glass bowl. Set aside small amount for basting.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together cheese, sour cream, salsa, chili powder and salt. Let stand at room temperature.
- Heat grill to medium hot.
- Spear chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Lay skewers on grill and cover.
- Grill for 4 minutes, then baste with marinade, turn, cover and grill for 2 minutes.
- Baste again and finish cooking, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from skewers and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with dip and chips.
oh wow!!!! i can't see this recipe getting anything lower than a 5 star rating! the flavors were SO good in the chicken! i loved the final result with cilantro sprinkled over it and dipped in that sauce... mmm im getting hungry all over again just thinking about it! this was a big hit with every member in my family! thanks for an amazing recipe!!!
The reason I am rating this recipe is I used your dip recipe. It was very good. Will use it again. Thanks for posting.
I really liked the chicken. The sauce was great too. I'll probably make it on it's own. When I make this again, I'll marinate the chicken overnight. I think it would make it a little more tender.