From the Margarita Cookbook...considerably greater than the sum of it's parts. Try the dip on the chicken, the the chips in the dip. Top a chip with chicken then add the dip, etc.
- 1 1⁄2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese (at room temp)
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup hot salsa
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- tortillas or corn chips, for serving
- Combine lime juice, tequila, Triple Sec, olive oil, and garlic in glass bowl. Set aside small amount for basting.
- Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir together cheese, sour cream, salsa, chili powder and salt. Let stand at room temperature.
- Heat grill to medium hot.
- Spear chicken pieces onto skewers.
- Lay skewers on grill and cover.
- Grill for 4 minutes, then baste with marinade, turn, cover and grill for 2 minutes.
- Baste again and finish cooking, about 2-3 more minutes.
- Remove chicken from skewers and sprinkle with cilantro.
- Serve with dip and chips.