Prep 2 hrs
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from a website I frequent, it was originally with boneless chicken and baked - This is juicy and has a really great flavor. I make it with brown rice and boil down the marinade for those that may want a little saucy topping.
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 lbs skinless chicken pieces
- Add all ingredients together and let marinade for at least 2 hours (Tip: If using boneless chicken - you can freeze the chicken in the marinade and let thaw all together).
- Put chicken on already hot grill, cook until done.
- OPTIONAL: pour marinade into a pot bring to a boil for a sauce to pour on top of chicken.
I let the chicken in the marinade at least 4 hours. DH cooked it on the barbecue and the flavor is awesome. Not too sweet. Thanks Elise :) Made for PAC Fall 2011
Wow Elise, is this dish good. We really enjoyed this robust chicken, what flavors, big bold and beautiful. I freshly ground all my spices for lovely mellow flavorings. It was raining here so I baked the chicken breasts and wings in the oven. I opted for the sauce option rather than the marinade. I poured the teriyaki sauce over the baking bird. It glazed it beautifully. Thank you so much for sharing a recipe that I will try again. Made for Fall Pac 2011.