Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Jimmy Dean via Cooking Light.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, 1/8-inch slices
- 1 (12 ounce) packagejimmy dean maple sausage, cooked, crumbled, drained
- 3⁄4 cup red bell pepper, 1/4 dice
- 1 cup milk
- 7 eggs
- 7 (12 inch) tortillas
- 1 cup colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Place the onion, sausage and red bell pepper in the saute pan and cook for 3 minutes. In a bowl, mix the milk and egg together very well.
- Add the egg to the saute pan and stir continuously while the egg cooks, approximately 5 minutes.
- Once the egg mixture is cooked, divide the mixture among each tortilla. Sprinkle cheese and cilantro over the egg.
- Be sure to divide cheese and cilantro evenly among tortillas. Roll each tortilla into a burrito and grill on both sides in a hot pan with 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon olive oil.