Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
From The Great Big Burger Book.
- 1 lb fresh pork sausage, casings removed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 toasted egg bread or 4 challah
- In a bowl, mix the sausage, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper until combined.
- Shape into 4 patties, ½-inch thick.
- In a small bowl, whisk the maple syrup, dijon mustard, vinegar, dry mustard, orange zest, and curry powder; reserve half the mixture for topping.
- Lightly oil a grill or grill pan over med-high heat; cook burgers 5 minutes; flip the burgers, baste with the maple syrup mixture and cook until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve on kaiser rolls with remaining maple syrup mixture.