Recipe by Loves2Teach
So good and easy! Great for those fall evenings! From Family Circle Magazine.
Top Review by SigMoffitt
I cooked the squash seperately the way my mom used to make it, with apples, butter, and brown sugar, but I loved the glaze. It was possibly the best pork loin I've ever had. The g/f and fam loved it.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Pork and Squash
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (2 lb) pork tenderloin
- 4 small acorn squash, trimmed (4 lbs total)
Directions See How It's Made
- Glaze: In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion; saute 2 minutes.
- Stir in syrup, vinegar.
- Boil until reduced to 1 cup.
- scrape into bowl; whisk in mustard and salt.
- Chill 30 minutes to thicken.
- Pork& Squash: In cup, mix sage, salt and pepper.
- Rub over tenderloins.
- Cut squash crosswise into 1/2 inch rings.
- Discard seeds, leaving rings in one piece.
- Prepare outdoor grill with hot coals.
- If glaze is too thick, microwave to loosen, 30 seconds.
- Grill pork& squash 5 minutes; turn over; brush with glaze.
- Continue to grill, turning and brushing every 5 minutes, until pork registers 160 and squash is tender, about 20 minutes total.