1/2 Photos of Grilled Maple Chipotle Pork Chops on Smoked Gouda Grits
From Southern Living. The sweetness of the pork and the salty of the gouda grits make this a perfect combination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from can
- 6 pork loin chops with bone (1 1/4-inch-thick)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
Smoked Gouda Grits
- 1Whisk together first 4 ingredients, and set aside.
- 2Sprinkle pork chops evenly with salt and pepper.
- 3Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 155°, turning once. Baste with half of barbecue sauce mixture the last 5 minutes of cooking or when meat thermometer registers 145°.
- 4Spoon Smoked Gouda Grits evenly onto 6 serving plates; top each with a pork chop, and drizzle evenly with remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
- 5Gouda Grits:.
- 6Bring first 4 ingredients to a boil in a medium saucepan; gradually whisk in grits. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese and butter, stirring until melted.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Maple Chipotle Pork Chops on Smoked Gouda Grits
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 690.1
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 121.4 mg
- Sodium 1398.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 22.6 g
- Protein 41.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo