Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's a grill recipe I found in the paper with an Asian/Hawaiian flavor.
Make and share this Grilled Mangoes With Ginger recipe from Food.com.
- Combine sugar, water, and ginger in a small pot and cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Remove and let cool; when the syrup is completely cooled, remove and discard the ginger.
- Brush the mango slices with melted butter and grill until slightly charred (2-3 minutes), turning once.
- Place the mangoes in a bowl, add the syrup, cover and let cool.
- When ready to serve, break the mango into bite-sized chunks; garnish with mint sprigs if desired.
OUTSTANDING, undoubtedly ! Like the other reviewer, I most enjoyed the melty-mango flavor hot as the slices came off the grill. I made them on my panini maker so no butter was needed. After chilling the mango for several hours in the ginger syrup, it took on a whole different dimension, like a dessert you'd pay $20 for in a celebrity restaurant. You could REALLY taste the ginger and the sugar turned it into a different form--flavored and textured more like peaches. It's something different and although I preferred it hot off the grill, the final result was something that even non mango fans would rave about. We enjoyed them plain and over vanilla ice cream. Thanks for sharing a unique recipe.
OUTSTANDING!!! Decided to leave in slices and served warm!