Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Simple and easy, but tasty and special enough for guests. Designed this recipe to be healthy and low calorie while I was trying to shed a few pounds. You can add extra EVOO to suit your tastes.
- 12 ounces mahi mahi fillets (2 fillets, 6oz each)
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese (I use reduced fat)
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to the broil setting and line a baking tray with aluminum foil and then coat with nonstick spray.
- Place the peppers and garlic on the prepared tray and roast for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Put the roasted veggies, EVOO, white wine, some slat and pepper into the food processor/blender. Puree until smooth.
- Transfer sauce to a small sauce pan and simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill (or stove top grill pan) to medium high heat. Season the fillets with salt, pepper and lemon juice (I use the bottled kind, because I usually have that on hand).
- Grill the fish for 5-8 minutes per side, or until flaky.
- Top the grilled Mahi Mahi with the pepper sauce and then feta cheese.
- Serve immediately and enjoy, preferably with roasted italian veggies and a glass of white wine!
Made this for Spring PAC 2011. It was quite tasty. I followed the directions and I cooked the fish on my stove top grill pan. Such an easy dish. I served this with your recipe Eggplant, Roasted Red Pepper and Brie Pasta #436443. I followed the instructions and even at the end I followed them by serving us a glass of white wine!