Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
My mint is growing like wildfire, and this sounds like a good way to use some. Don't marinate the fish for more than 30 min. or the lime juice with begin to break it down.
Top Review by iris5555
This is a great way to cook mahi mahi. Loved the flavor of the marinade, which was subtly enhancing. I would leave out the cilantro next time though. I used less than indicated and it was still a bit overpowering (but I don't love cilantro anyway). Thanks for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup golden rum
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 serrano chilies, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl or mortar, mash the garlic and salt to form a paste using a fork or a pestal.
- Place the paste in a gallon sized ziptop bag.
- Add the rum, lime juice, mint, cilantro, chiles, oil, honey, zest, and cumin and squeeze to combine.
- When well mixed, add the fish and turn and rub to distribute the marinade evenly over fish.
- Refrigerate for 30 minute.
- Meanwhile heat grill to medium heat.
- Grill for 8-10 min or until fish just begins to flake, turning once and spooning remaining marinade over fish halfway through grilling.