Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
From At Blanchard's Table
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons Thai red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 14 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 mahi mahi, filets (8 ounces each)
- olive oil, for grilling
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Prepare the grill. Measure all the ingredients and have them ready by the stove. In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and ginger, and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to low, and add the curry powder, curry paste, paprika, and cumin. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
- Raise the heat back to medium, and add the soy sauce, tomato puree, brown sugar, and coconut milk, whisking well after each addition. When small bubbles form around the edge of the saucepan, simmer very gently for 10 minutes, whisking frequently. Do not allow it to boil.
- Brush the mahimahi with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and grill until cooked through. Serve immediately with the sauce.