Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Great low-fat seafood dish with a Jamaican-style salsa. Good for summer parties.
- 4 (7 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 cups mangoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 cup sweet kernel corn
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Mix all ingerdients in salsa together, except mango.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Grill Mahi Mahi on a hot grill, 5 min.
- each side and season with salt and cracked pepper.
- Add mango to salsa just before serving and mix well.
- Place salsa on Mahi Mahi steaks and serve.
Beautiful presentation and bright flavors. I had to sub a jalepeno for our dinner guests and 1/2 parsely for 1/2 cilantro. But I'll try it to the letter next time. You know it's a great recipe when a 'Cane and a Gator (see reviewer directly below) can agree on it. Go Miami!
Wonderful refreshing dinner for a great Spring night. Ingredients are easy to find and easier to prep. Directions are spot on. Watch out, it does come with a kick of spice. We will be making this again sometime soon!
Wow! I made this last night for dinner and people went nuts for it. I'm not kidding, the salsa had everybody go crazy. I've never seen anything like this before. People almost fighting for it! Everybody wanted the recipe, everybody! I made few small adjustments. I grilled two corn cobs first, which added the smoky flavor to the mix. I used parsley instead of cilantro, and I also added some avocado. Thank you so much for sharing this magical recipe.