Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is one of those that just came out of the things in my kitchen. But when it came together, we all said, "WOW! that's good."
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
Marinade or Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (to be added to the sauce only)
- Use a small portion of the sauce mixture to marinate the fish fillets for 1/2 hour.
- Prepare the remaining sauce by adding cornstarch to marinade and bring to a boil until thick, stirring frequently.
- Sear the marinated fish fillets on hot grill for 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Prepare 4 aluminum "envelopes" by placing 1 fillet on top of layered bell pepper and zucchini.
- Top with garlic, green onion and sesame seeds.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Seal package and grill on the bottom side for 5 minutes and on the top side for 3-4 minutes.
- Serving Suggestion: Excellent served over white jasmine rice.
It was ok but my wife didn't care for it. Maybe its because she doesn't eat much ocean fish. The sauce was a lil to salty.
This was pretty good, but for me, it had too much sesame oil. I think if I were to make it again, I'd reduce it to about one teaspoon to avoid bitterness. My son really liked it as is, though.