Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- Cut avocado, tomato into 1/2 inch chunks, add minced onion, and jalapeno, cilantro and lime juice and salt.
- Mix together and store in fridge can be made hours before.
- Meanwhile take mahi mahi and cut into strips.
- Add olive oil, lime, salt and pepper and marinate for 20-30 minutes.
- Grill over coals or on a grill or under broiler for 6-8 minutes per side.
- Serve fish with salsa on top.
Made as directed but I used two jalapenos! I used my eyes to measure but they are pretty accurate :) I had one piece left over with a little bit of salsa. Had it tonight as fish tacos with mango on the side. Yummeeeeeee. This is a great meal to eat outside on a beautiful Florida day. Will make again.
The salsa DOES make this meal. I chose not to add the jalapeno as I was also serving children. Easy marinade (I left in frige for several hours). You don't need to broil fish for as long as recipe states or it will turn out dry (just fork tender). I will make again.
The simple salsa really makes this fish. I liked the boost of flavor from the lime. We served this with Red and White Rice.