- 1⁄2 cup canola oil or 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh lemongrass (from bottom four inches of 2 stalks)
- 3 tablespoons of chopped peeled grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 4 (8 ounce) mahi mahi fillets, about 3/4 inch thick (Can substitute red snapper)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook oil, lemongrass and ginger in small saucepan over low heat, 15 mins to develop flavour.
- Cool completely, strain oil into small bowl.
- Whisk 1/4 cup ginger oil, lime juice& lime peel in medium bowl to blend.
- Season with salt& pepper; set aside.
- Brush remaining ginger oil over fish, sprinkle with salt& pepper, grill until fish is cooked through about 3 mins per side.
- Transfer fish to plates, drizzle with lime vinaigrette and serve.