1/2 Photos of Grilled Mahi Mahi W. Honey-Macadamia Crust and Pineapple-Ginger
I found this recipe and can't wait to try it. From the West Hawaii Today newspaper. Chris Schlesinger and John Willoughby, authors of "Big Flavors of the Hot Sun", suggest serving the fish with coconut rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces mahi mahi fillets, cut diagonally a half-inch thick
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and crushed
- 1Rub fillets lightly with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 2Place fish on grill over a medium-hot fire; cook for 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- 3While second side is cooking, coat the exposed side lightly with honey and sprinkle with crushed mac nuts.
- 4Flip again; cook another minute or until crust is golden brown.
- 5Check for doneness by cutting into a piece; it should be completely opaque all the way through.
- 6Remove fish from grill, cut each in half, and serve.
- 7Pineapple-Ginger Relish:.
- 8Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
- 9Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 10Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mahi Mahi W. Honey-Macadamia Crust and Pineapple-Ginger
Serving Size: 1 (1410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1103.9
- Calories from Fat 372
- Total Fat 41.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 441.2 mg
- Sodium 541.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 56.6 g
- Protein 116.7 g