Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 mins
A delicious soft taco recipe with a smoky slaw adapted from Weber’s Way to Grill.
- 453.59 g mahi mahi fillets or 453.59 g halibut or 453.59 g sea bass or 453.59 g tilapia fillet
- 29.58-44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 3.69 ml dried ancho chile powder (to taste) or 3.69 ml dried chipotle powder (to taste)
- 2.46 ml cumin
- 9.85 ml kosher salt (less if using table salt)
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml chopped cilantro
- 1.23 ml oregano
- 396.89 g shredded coleslaw mix (from bag)
- 59.14 ml mayonnaise
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh cilantro
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml cider vinegar
- 2 diced chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2.46 ml kosher salt
- lime wedge (don't leave this out~it adds a splash of acidity)
- 4 large flour tortillas
- In a large bowl mix the slaw ingredient minus the cabbage. When it is nicely mixed, fold in the cabbage.
- In a small bowl mix the chile powder, cumin, salt, cayenne, cilantro, pepper and oregano. Dry off the fish filets with a paper towel.
- Oil the filets then rub with the chile mixture. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the fish is marinating, preheat the grill to medium-high.
- Oil the grill grates with vegetable oil then place the fish on the grill, meat side down. Grill for 4 minutes or until the fish releases from the grill grates.
- Flip the fish and grill for another 3-4 minutes or until the fish are opaque all the way through. Remove the fish from the grill and let rest.
- While the fish are resting, place the tortillas on the grill for about 15 seconds on each side.
- Break the fish up into chunks and place on the grilled tortilla. Cover the fish with slaw. Serve with a wedge of lime.