Paris D's Note:
From Rachael Ray. We just used the convection oven for this - we don't grill outside in the winter! ;-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 mahi mahi fillets, 6-8 ounces each
- 2 limes, juiced
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 inches gingerroot, grated (fresh, about 1.5 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- 1 lb asparagus spear
- 2 oranges (naval)
- 1 inch gingerroot
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1Fish: Preheat grill pan to over medium high to high heat.
- 2Season mahi mahi fillets with salt and pepper.
- 3Combine the lime juice, dark soy, ginger and a little vegetable or canola oil in a shallow dish.
- 4Turn the mahi mahi in the citrus soy marinade and let it hang out for 10 minutes.
- 5Grill on hot grill pan for 6 minutes per side for a 1-inch fillet or until fish is firm and opaque.
- 6Asparagus: Take 1 spear of asparagus and hold it at each and. Bend the asparagus until it snaps and breaks. Use this spear as your guide on where to trim the ends of your bundle of spears.
- 7Using a peeler, make thin long strips of orange zest from both oranges.
- 8Cut the ends off the zested oranges and stand them up right on a cutting board.
- 9Remove the pith in strips using sharp knife and cutting down from the top of the orange. Discard the pith.
- 10When the oranges are both peeled and trimmed, turn them on their sides and slice into 1/4-inch rounds, cross sectioning the whole.
- 11Set the orange disks aside.
- 12In a skillet with a cover, bring 1-inch water to a boil with the zest of the oranges and grated fresh gingerroot.
- 13Allow the orange zest and ginger to simmer for at least 1 minute then add salt and asparagus spears.
- 14Simmer the spears 3 to 5 minutes until just tender.
- 15Drain the asparagus.
- 16Discard the orange zest and ginger.
- 17Assemble a few spears on each dinner plate, layering them back and forth, crisscrossing the spears over orange slices.
- 18Sprinkle sesame seeds over asparagus and oranges and top with 1 portion of grilled mahi mahi.
- 19Garnish assembled fish and asparagus with chopped or thinly sliced chives.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Mahi Mahi Fillets and Asparagus With Orange & Sesame
Serving Size: 1 (449 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.6
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 952.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 43.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: