Recipe by Peeps
Nice blend of flavors for this fish. This was a recipe I altered some from a cooking magazine. This recipe may also be broiled. Leftovers are even better the next day if you have any left.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 anaheim chili, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 (6 ounce) mahi mahi fillets
- cracked pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- With mortar and pestle, mash garlic and salt to form paste; place in a gallon bag.
- Add rum, lime juice, mint, cilantro, peppers, oil, honey, lime peel, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Add fish; turn and rub to distribute marinade evenly.
- Refrigerate for no more than 30 minutes so fish doesn't break down.
- Place fish on grill over medium heat or 4 to 6 inches from coals.
- Grill 8 to 10 minutes or until fish flakes.
- Turn once and spoon remaining marinade over fish halfway through grilling time.