Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Kosher Palette. Wonderful
- 2 1⁄2 lbs london broil beef
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary or 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- Score the meat on both sides by making shallow, diagonal cuts 1/4-inch deep at 1-inch intervals, forming a diamond pattern.
- Place meat in a shallow dish or zip-top bag.
- Combine oil, soy sauce, honey, rosemary, pepper, salt and garlic.
- Pour marinade over meat, tossing to coat.
- Cover or seal; refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Remove meat from refrigerator and let come to room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium-hot or oven to broil.
- Remove meat from marinade.
- Grill or broil, basting occasionally, for 10 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- Transfer steak to carving board; let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut across grain.
This was a delicious marinade! I followed the instructions and made this up in the morning to absorb the flavors and used a flank steak. Everyone enjoyed this. Served with your Hearts of Palm and Spinach Salad#255115 and Scalloped Potatoes#401360 and a Roasted Sweet Potatoes#293579 from chef#783457#783457. Made for Spring PAC 2013 and this is going into my Favorites of 2013. Thank you!
Awesome marinade!! I will definitely use it again and can't wait to try it on chicken drumsticks, breasts and on a pork tenderloin. I marinated the London Broil for 4 hours and cooked as everyone said...8 minutes or so on each side. The flavor was excellent, but the meat was still tough in spots even with cutting it against the grain. A friend has suggested using a thick cut of top sirloin next time.
This is an absolutely delicious marinade! I wouldn't change a thing as it was PERFECT.