Recipe by TOOLBELT DIVA
Lobster is one of my favourite foods. From time to time I do have a "Lobster Attack", and will not be happy until that craving is satiated. I make no apology for that decadence; the Canadian maritimes serves up the finest lobsters worldwide. It is one of the beautiful things we have in common with Maine, USA. (along with potatoes) This recipe is by no means an original and I give full marks to Christine Cushing of the Food Network. I also thank Saturn for the alert, and the link to the Christine Cushing of the Food Network. Grilling is great option for entertaining – you can boil the lobsters ahead of time and just finish for a few minutes on the grill. For a variation on the brown butter, you could use lemon instead of the lime and parsley for the coriander.
Top Review by TracyDeer
The taste was different and quite yummy, however it overpowered the sweetness of the lobster. melted plain butter with a splash of lemon juice for the lobster and kept the brown butter to use in another dish.
- 4 (2 lb) live lobsters
- coarse salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 lime, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons coriander, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lime Brown Butter Sauce: Add 6 tablespoons butter to a sauté pan over medium heat.
- When it has melted and starts to bubble, add the shallots and zest.
- When the butter starts browning, remove from heat and add the lime juice.
- Season the brown butter with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped coriander if desired.
- Serve with Grilled Lobster.
- Grilled Lobster: Preheat grill to high heat. Brush grill until very clean.
- Bring at least 5 L (20 cups) water to a boil in a large pot. Cook lobster for about 4 minutes and remove from water immediately.
- Transfer to baking sheet or shallow baking dish. Note: cook 1 lobster at a time to keep water at a boil.
- When cool enough to handle, split lobsters in half lengthwise with a sharp heavy knife.
- Place lobster halves, shell side up on grill.
- Season the lobster with a little salt and pepper. Grill about 5 to 6 minutes, until lobster meat is just cooked through.
- Serve immediately with the Lime Butter Sauce.