Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this recipe that I had written down probably when I was in my late teens, so I'm not sure of its source. It's an quick and easy recipe...delicious too.
- 4 lobster tails
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon, rind of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon finely chopped green onion top
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut in wedges
- Turn the oven on to"grill".
- Prepare sauce by melting butter and stirring in the lemon peel, green onion tops, and garlic.
- Keep it warm on minimum heat.
- Prepare lobster by cutting along edges on tail and under edge, cracking several joints in overshell to prevent it from curling.
- Grease a rack and place lobster shell side down, 4-6 inches above the top element.
- Brush tails with butter sauce.
- Cover with tin foil and cut a few slits for vents.
- Grill for 5 minute.
- Brush with sauce.
- Turn lobster over and grill covered for an additional 3-5 minutes or until the flesh is no longer opague.
- Serve with remaining sauce.
- Garnish with lemon wedges.
This recipe is great!! I made this for my Husband on the 4th of July. Due to his dietary restrictions I substituted 4 tablespoons of olive oil for butter. Also we added 3 more cloves of garlic, crushed as well as four 4 extra teaspoon of green onions to compensate for the lack of butter. To my surprise it was absolutely delicious. I can only imagine it's even more decadent with butter. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
The only thing DH & I do differently is to set the lobster on top of the shell & we do not cover w/foil. We broil them about 8" from the heat for 4 min. & then baste & then back in for another 4 min. We use the same butter mixture for dipping - but I personally think that they don't need any additional "dredging" but DH dredges on.... Super YUM & super easy.
Delicious! I used unsalted butter (it's what I had) and won't do that again. Even adding a bit of salt doesn't give the butter the same rich flavor. The meat was yummy and the tails looked so pretty with a bit of BBQ char. So good and so easy!!