When our sons were quite young, occasionally, after we put them to bed, my husband and I would have a special late night candlelight dinner. Instead of paying for a babysitter, we would fix something really special and just dine in. It was always more fun then going out;>) This was one of our favorites.
- 2 lobster tails, thawed if frozen (6-8-oz. each)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Holding each lobster tail shell side down, cut away the ribbed membrane as close to the shell as possible with kitchen shears.
- Remove lobster meat in one piece from each shell, rinse and pat dry.
- Sprinkle each with lemon juice and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter with the minced garlic over low heat.
- Remove from heat.
- In a plastic ziplock bag, combine bread crumbs, herbs, garlic powder, cayenne and Parmesan cheese.
- Roll the lobster meat in the garlic butter and shake them in the plastic bag with the bread crumb mixture to coat.
- Return the lobster meat to their shells.
- Grill the lobster tails, shell sides down, on a rack 4-6 inches over glowing coals with some hickory chips added, turning from side to side but not turning over, for 10 minutes.
- Cover and grill another 5 to 10 minutes until they are just cooked through.