Chef Regina V. Smith's Note:
An elegant summer salad for ladies who lunch. Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as an appetizer course.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 oranges (suggest Cara Cara, or Navel)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- white pepper
- 4 (1/4 lb) lobster tail, in shells, splitting shells in middle with kitchen shears
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut into halves
- 1Prepare dressing by whisking tarragon, juice and zest of 2 oranges, Dijon mustard and oil together in a medium bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and white pepper.
- 2Set aside 1/4 cup of the dressing to use as a marinade for the lobster tails.
- 3Spoon some of the marinade onto the lobster meet through the spilt in the shells.
- 4Prepare grill for medium high heat. Place lobster on the grill split side up.
- 5Grill lobster tails for 8 minutes per side or until meat is opaque and can be easily pulled from the shells.
- 6On 4 serving plates place lettuce leaves as a bed for the salad.
- 7Remove the lobster meat from the shell and cut each tail in half lengthwise.
- 8Top lettuce leaves with lobster meat, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, onion and segments of the two remaining oranges.
- 9Drizzle each serving with dressing; pass additional dressing on the side.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lobster Salad With Orange Tarragon Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 445.6
- Calories from Fat 214
- Total Fat 23.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 79.3 mg
- Sodium 300.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 13.9 g
- Protein 28.5 g