Recipe by Chef Regina V. Smith
An elegant summer salad for ladies who lunch. Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as an appetizer course.
- 3 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 oranges (suggest Cara Cara, or Navel)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- white pepper
- 4 (1/4 lb) lobster tail, in shells, splitting shells in middle with kitchen shears
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 yellow bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, cut into halves
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare dressing by whisking tarragon, juice and zest of 2 oranges, Dijon mustard and oil together in a medium bowl. Season dressing to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the dressing to use as a marinade for the lobster tails.
- Spoon some of the marinade onto the lobster meet through the spilt in the shells.
- Prepare grill for medium high heat. Place lobster on the grill split side up.
- Grill lobster tails for 8 minutes per side or until meat is opaque and can be easily pulled from the shells.
- On 4 serving plates place lettuce leaves as a bed for the salad.
- Remove the lobster meat from the shell and cut each tail in half lengthwise.
- Top lettuce leaves with lobster meat, avocado, tomato, bell pepper, onion and segments of the two remaining oranges.
- Drizzle each serving with dressing; pass additional dressing on the side.