Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick summer meal that is low fat but big on flavor. Eat these clams alone with crusty bread or make linguini and top it with the clams and sauce! All you need are some simple kitchen pantry items, a cooking tin, foil and a grill to make a very impressive meal in just minutes.
- 50 littleneck clams
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- This requires a disposable tin that is large enough to hold all the clams.
- Scrub and rinse the clams well to remove all dirt prior to cooking.
- Preheat the grill to 500 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to the tin and stir to mix all ingredients together.
- Cover the tin tightly with foil.
- Place in covered grill for approximately 15 minutes to allow the steam to open the clams.
- TIP: cooking time may vary due to differences in grills. Rather than open the foil to see if the clams are open, touch the top of the foil. Once the clams are open, they will push up on the top and there will not be as much loose space as there was before they opened. Removing the foil to check will release the steam and will prolong the cooking process which could result in tough, dry, overcooked clams.