Got this recipe from a friend and I found it so hard to believe that I had to try it! Was the BEST linguine and clam sauce I have ever tasted! VERY easy. And you can cook and serve in the same pan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 (12 ounce) cans low sodium chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- 2 1/2 dozen littleneck clams
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine, cooked just short of al dente
- 1/2 cup grated pecorino romano cheese
- hot red pepper flakes
- 1Preheat grill to high. Place a large aluminum baking pan directly on grate. In the pan place butter and chopped onion and saute, stirring frequently until onion is translucent.
- 2Add the garlic,half the parsley, and half the basil and saute for a few minutes more until the garlic just starts to turn color.
- 3Add wine, 1 can of the chicken broth, salt and pepper and the clams. Lower heat to medium, close the grill checking every few minutes and tossing the clams around for about 15 to 20 minutes, until clams open.
- 4Add pasta the remainder of the parsley, basil, and broth, grated cheese and shake in as much hot pepper flakes to the heat you desire.
- 5Mix well,close the grill and cook a few minutes more untill everything is heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Linguine and Clam Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 805.6
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 93.6 mg
- Sodium 920.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 35.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pecorino romano cheese