An unusual marinade for salmon steaks. Allow 3-6 hours for the steaks to marinate.
Make and share this Grilled Limoncello Salmon Steaks recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse and pat dry the salmon steaks.
- In a bowl large enough to contain the fish, whisk together olive oil, lemon, onion, liqueur, oregano and salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Turn the salmon steaks in the marinade, to coat both sides, and leave to marinate, in the refrigerator, for 3-6 hours.
- Remove the steaks from the marinade and cook on the bbq or grill for 10-12 minutes, turning once, until the fish is firm to the touch.
- Careful not to overcook.
- Serve immediately with a tossed green salad and oven-roasted cauliflower.
Delicious salmon recipe, love the lemon flavours, the limoncello was a nice trick, tasty! I will be making this again, thanks for posting
I am on the fence with this one! I used this on Spring Trout, grilled on cedar planks. The taste was just OK ...but, I didn't detect a whole lot of infusion of the Limoncello. You could have got away with lemon juice and some wine and the taste would have been the same. I would probably check out other recipes before I come back to this one. Sorry!
Holy Lemoncello! I had JUST bought a bottle of Lemoncello(love that stuff!) and BINGO--needed a salmon recipe for the grill. Well, Ev,,,you came through with "flying colors." This is awesome. I did add a leeetle Chipotle to the marinade. DELISH!!