- Mix together the first 8 ingredients in a bowl.
- Add shrimp; toss to coat.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Thread shrimp on metal skewers; reserve marinade.
- Place skewered shrimp on grill over medium heat.
- Cook 3-7 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, turning once and brushing with marinade occasionally.
Great. Tossed the whole bowl of shrimp and marinade into a pan and sauteed. VERY flavorful.
Shrimp isn't my favorite food but I decided to give this recipe a try for a 4th of July BBQ. I was surprised how much I liked it! It was very tasty and the first time I really enjoyed shrimp, not just tolerated it, and wanted more. The only reason I didn't give 5 stars is that there was too much of an oregano taste for me. So next time I'll just put a little less. Definitely try this!
I doubled this recipe and that fed 4 hungry adults. The shrimp were very good. The lime flavor enhanced that of the shrimp and made it very zingy. A yummy grilling recipe that we will use again. Thanks.