1/3 Photos of Grilled Lime-Cilantro Chicken With Mango Salsa
The combination of marinade and grilling produces a tender flavourful piece of chicken. Mango Salsa is the perfect accompaniement. Get your tastebuds ready for a real thrill! Plan ahead as chicken needs to marinate for 2 to 4 hours. This is not reflected in the prep times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup diced fresh mango
- 1 cup diced fresh papaya
- 1 large red pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
For the marinade
- 1Prepare the marinade: In a small bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients and whisk to combine. Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- 2Place the chicken breasts between two sheets of plastic wrap and pound to flatten slightly with a rolling pin. Arrange the chicken breasts in a large shallow glass dish and pour the marinade over, Turning to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, turning several times to make sure the marinade covers all the chicken.
- 3Meanwhile prepare the salsa: Place the red pepper in a preheated 425*F oven and roast until skin is well blistered. (alternatively roast over a gas flame) Place blistered pepper into a zip lock baggie and close the bag. Let it sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from bag. Slip peel off and remove seeds. Chop roasted pepper and combine with remaining salsa ingredients. Mix well, cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 4Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium high heat grilling. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place on grill rack. Grill, turning once for 7 to 10 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear. Alternatively, you may broil the breasts for 7 to 10 minutes on each side, once again, until the juices run clear.
- 5To serve, place the chicken on individual plates and spoon the mango salsa on top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lime-Cilantro Chicken With Mango Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.0
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 46.4 mg
- Sodium 60.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: