Recipe by HEP MEP
I get a monthly recipe from eatchicken.com, and this one looked good! Made it last night and we all loved it. It doesn't say how long to marinate the chicken - mine was in it for about an hour. I pounded it some too. I also added a bit more to my salsa - (which was really like guacamole) some salt, lime juice and minced garlic. (Looking at this now, I think the salt was to be divided between the marinade and the salsa, but I used 2 teaspoons in the marinade and it was fine) This is going to become a summer staple - believe me!
Top Review by racrgal
Prepared for My-3-Chefs 2008. The marinade for the chicken was light and tasty. For our tastes the avocado salsa was too heavy on the tomato and bland. We love avocados and spice. A dash of Tabasco added some zip.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 avocados, diced (or mashed)
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 of a red onion, diced (I used white)
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large glass baking dish, place chicken in a single layer. Mix lime juice, oil and salt and pour over chicken, turning several times to coat.
- In a medium-sized serving bowl, combine avocados, tomato, onion and cilantro. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- Place chicken breasts on grill and cook about 3-4 minutes per side until they start to brown and are no longer pink in the middle. Remove from heat and top with avocado salsa.