Found this recipe on The Fresh Market's web site. I just love everthing they do!
Make and share this Grilled Lime Chicken W/Black Bean Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
For the Black Bean Sauce
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, red pper, and garlic in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; add bell pepper and onion.
- Cook 30 seconds; drain.
- Plunge into ice water; drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor, add beans, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until heated.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- To serve, divide bean mixture onto each of 4 plates.
- Place chicken breast on top of sauce; top each with 2 tablespoons bell pepper mixture or a fresh tomato salsa.