Recipe by Christy Luster
Found this recipe on The Fresh Market's web site. I just love everthing they do!
Top Review by BrendaMarie
Excellent recipe. I used the exact ingredients for the marinade, and also for the black bean sauce (with more garlic.) Instead of grilling it, I cooked the marinated chicken in my electric skillet. Then I sauted sliced veges (1 green pepper, 1 red pepper, 1/2 red onion, 6 large mushrooms)and put them on top of the browned chicken, poured the sauce over the whole thing, then simmered til it was heated through (about 15 min.) Excellent flavor. The whole family liked it, even my picky eater DH, and I will definitely make it again.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon red onion, chopped
For the Black Bean Sauce
- 1 cup black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime juice, vegetable oil, red pper, and garlic in a large zip-top heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Add chicken; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan; add bell pepper and onion.
- Cook 30 seconds; drain.
- Plunge into ice water; drain well.
- Set aside.
- In a food processor, add beans, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour into a saucepan; cook over medium-low heat until heated.
- Remove chicken from bag and grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cook 8-10 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.
- To serve, divide bean mixture onto each of 4 plates.
- Place chicken breast on top of sauce; top each with 2 tablespoons bell pepper mixture or a fresh tomato salsa.