Recipe by Rinshinomori
Lemongrass is used as skewers in this recipe, but it's optional and you can certainly use bamboo sticks instead. The recipe is ideal for outdoor grill, indoor grill, or under the broiler and makes 1 skewer with 3 shrimp per person as appetizer for 4 servings. If you want to make this as main dish, make 2-3 skewers per person.
- 12 shrimp, medium to large, shelled and deveined
- 4 stalks lemongrass (for skewers) or 4 bamboo skewers
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, chopped or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 green onions, fined chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili paste, Asian
Directions See How It's Made
- If using bamboo skewers in place of lemongrass, soak them in water for 30 minutes so they won't burn.
- Combine all marinade sauce ingredients and marinate the shrimp for 15 minutes.
- If using lemongrass, cut lemongrass into 10" (25 cm) lengths. Skewer 3 shrimp with lemongrass or bamboo skewer.
- Grill or broil shrimp until nicely charred.