Lemongrass is used as skewers in this recipe, but it's optional and you can certainly use bamboo sticks instead. The recipe is ideal for outdoor grill, indoor grill, or under the broiler and makes 1 skewer with 3 shrimp per person as appetizer for 4 servings. If you want to make this as main dish, make 2-3 skewers per person.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 shrimp, medium to large, shelled and deveined
- 4 stalks lemongrass (for skewers) or 4 bamboo skewers
- 1If using bamboo skewers in place of lemongrass, soak them in water for 30 minutes so they won't burn.
- 2Combine all marinade sauce ingredients and marinate the shrimp for 15 minutes.
- 3If using lemongrass, cut lemongrass into 10" (25 cm) lengths. Skewer 3 shrimp with lemongrass or bamboo skewer.
- 4Grill or broil shrimp until nicely charred.
Browse Our Top Vietnamese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vietnamese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp - Vietnamese Tom Nuong Xa
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 68.1
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 457.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: