Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This vinaigrette is wonderful for basting grilled beef, chicken or shrimp. It can also be divided and used as both marinade and baste.
- 3 large lemons, halved lengthwise,then cut crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Prepare a charcoal or gas grill for medium-hot cooking.
- Grill the lemon slices until charred on both sides.
- Transfer the lemons to a large, coarse strainer set over a bowl and, using a wooden spoon, crush all of the juice from the lemons; discard the skins and seeds.
- Stir in the olive oil and salt.