Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great side dish.
Make and share this Grilled Lemon-Thyme Vegetables recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion, white part only
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet green pepper, cut lengthwise in half,seeded
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut lengthwise in half,seeded
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, cut lengthwise in half,seeded
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1 inch thick slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Whisk together vinegar, lemon juice and mustard in bowl until smooth.
- Whisk in olive oil and cooking oil in slow, steady stream until sauce is blended.
- Stir in green onion, parsley, thyme and shallots.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Season vegetables with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables by batches, over medium-hot coals, turning occasionally and basting with sauce until vegetables are tender and golden about 15 minutes.
- Serve with any leftover sauce on side with vegetables.
My sister is a vegetable lover supreme. She thought this was wonderful. The only thing I did different was to marinate the vegetables for a couple of hours and then grill.