Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Williams-Sonoma. Posting for safekeeping-I have not tried but this sounds good. Timing does NOT include preparing the charcoal grill nor marinating time.
- 2 large lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 4 (10 ounce) loin veal chops, cut 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Cut 1 of the lemons into 8 crosswise slices.
- Grate enough zest from remaining lemon to yield 3/4 teaspoon, then squeeze 1 tablespoon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, oil, and chopped tarragon.
- Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper, then brush with SOME of the lemon-tarragon mixture, reserving about 1 tablespoon of the mixture for the lemon slices.
- Let the chops stand at room temperature for 15 minutes, OR cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours. (If refrigerated, remove from refrigerator for 30 minutes before grilling.).
- Prepare a CHARCOAL or GAS grill for DIRECT grilling over MEDIUM HIGH heat. Oil the grill rack.
- For CHARCOAL grill: Grill the chops over the hottest part of the fire.
- Or for GAS grill: Grill the chops, directly over the heat elements.
- For either grill type- grill until nicely charred and cooked to your liking, 5 to 7 minutes per side for medium rare. About 3 minutes before the veal is done, brush the lemon slices with the reserved 1 tablespoon lemon-tarragon mixture. Grill the lemon slices, turning once,until lightly charred and softened, 30 to 60 seconds per side.
- Serve the veal chops with the grilled lemon slices.