Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Involves one of my favorite marinades for chicken because I love lemon. The preparation time does not include several hours of marinating.
- 1 chicken, cut in parts
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup fine-chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried tarragon or 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chicken in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl stir together the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving marinade.
- Grill 6 inches from the source of heat until tender, turning and basting often with the marinade.
So easy to make and we all absolutely LOVED it.<br/>I have used both bone in and boneless chicken breasts for this recipe. Both are perfect.
We enjoyed this very much for a Sunday dinner! I doubled the recipe and used two cut-up chickens, I also added in a couple tablespoons fresh minced garlic and used shallots in place of onion, I marinaded it for about 5 hours, anymore than that I was afraid that the lemon juice would start "cooking" the chicken. thanks echo, this is a great recipe!...Kitten:)
I'm always looking for good marinades, and this one is fantastic! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts and grilled them on my trusty George Foreman, and they turned out tender and flavorful. I'll definitely be making this one again.