Prep 24 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and quick a great summer dish because you don't have to heat up the house.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 -4 lemons, sliced thinly
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a ziplock bag combine lemons, salt and pepper,garlic,oil,extract, rosemary broken in 1/2.
- Shake well.
- Place chicken in bag and marinate in fridge no less than 4 hours but if possible overnight.
- Grill on low heat just till no longer pink.
- This chicken tastes great on salads.
Another crowd pleasing way to prepare chicken. Have to confess, almost anything that combines lemon and garlic with most any herb will work for me as it is one of my favorite combinations. In this case, I let my chicken brew for near 24 hours with double the amount of rosemary suggested. My other shift was to broil the chicken for 18 minutes using the sliced lemons as a bed to help keep the meat tender. This worked well and left me with some lovely mild grilled lemons to serve with the dish. Used the lemon extract and thought it punched up the citrus flavor, perhaps too much sort of overtaking the rosemary and garlic. Next time I will leave it out.
YUMMY IS the word for this! I used 6 breasts, and 2 tablespoons fresh chopped garlic. I marinated the chicken for about 6 hours and made it on my indoor grill. MY lemom-loving DH can't wait for dinner LOL! This is a keeper, thanks homegirl!...Kitten:)
YUMMY, YUMMY CHICKEN! I tried this at our Fathers Day Cookout and it was excellent. Received many many compliments. Didn't have any lemon extract but was delicious without it, the chicken stayed very moist after grilling it and you could really taste the lemon and rosemary. Thanks homegirl for making me look good - this on will definitely go in my "keeper" file.