Recipe by startnover
Simple and quick a great summer dish because you don't have to heat up the house.
Top Review by justcallmetoni
Another crowd pleasing way to prepare chicken. Have to confess, almost anything that combines lemon and garlic with most any herb will work for me as it is one of my favorite combinations. In this case, I let my chicken brew for near 24 hours with double the amount of rosemary suggested. My other shift was to broil the chicken for 18 minutes using the sliced lemons as a bed to help keep the meat tender. This worked well and left me with some lovely mild grilled lemons to serve with the dish. Used the lemon extract and thought it punched up the citrus flavor, perhaps too much sort of overtaking the rosemary and garlic. Next time I will leave it out.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 -4 lemons, sliced thinly
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 large fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a ziplock bag combine lemons, salt and pepper,garlic,oil,extract, rosemary broken in 1/2.
- Shake well.
- Place chicken in bag and marinate in fridge no less than 4 hours but if possible overnight.
- Grill on low heat just till no longer pink.
- This chicken tastes great on salads.