Recipe by Rodger
A great taste for grilled chicken. Requires marinating (but can be done the day before) and cooks in minutes.
Top Review by James&Megan
The marinade for this recipe is fantastic! My wife and I have always used store-bought marinade for it's ease, but we found ourselves without a marinade, and came across this recipe... we haven't bought another chicken marinade since! This recipe is easy and it blows store-bought out of the water.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- Add the oil in a stream whisking until the marinade is emulsified.
- Pound breasts until about 1/4" thick.
- Place marinade and breasts in a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes (can be overnight as well).
- Prepare grill.
- Mix all ingredients for the gremolata.
- Grill on an oiled rack about 5-6 inches over the heat until cooked through.
- About 2-4 minutes per side.
- Can be garnished with lemon slices and sprigs of thyme.