Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 mins
A great taste for grilled chicken. Requires marinating (but can be done the day before) and cooks in minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, halved (about 2 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, freshly grated
- Whisk the lemon juice, pepper, and salt.
- Add the oil in a stream whisking until the marinade is emulsified.
- Pound breasts until about 1/4" thick.
- Place marinade and breasts in a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes (can be overnight as well).
- Prepare grill.
- Mix all ingredients for the gremolata.
- Grill on an oiled rack about 5-6 inches over the heat until cooked through.
- About 2-4 minutes per side.
- Can be garnished with lemon slices and sprigs of thyme.
The marinade for this recipe is fantastic! My wife and I have always used store-bought marinade for it's ease, but we found ourselves without a marinade, and came across this recipe... we haven't bought another chicken marinade since! This recipe is easy and it blows store-bought out of the water.
We thourouly enjoyed this chicken, cut the recipe in half,put it in to marinate Tuesday night and had it for dinner Wednesday, it worked out well. Lemon and thyme are a great combination of flavours, and the garlic just tops it off beautifully!! It was equally good cold, the next day in a chicken sandwich for lunch. Thanks for sharing.