Recipe by Pepper #2
I found this recipe from a supermarket check-out line recipe booklet. The chicken is tender and flavorful and it's easy for weekday dinners when the weather is nice.
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion flakes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemons, zest of
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken legs
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients except for chicken.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade and set aside.
- In a large plastic freezer bag, put in chicken and marinade.
- Shake to coat and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnite.
- Remove chicken from marinade and arrange on a plate.
- Microwave the chicken for 5 minutes on high.
- Transfer chicken to grill and grill for 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat or until the juices run clear.
- As the chicken is grilling, baste with the reserved marinade.