I found this recipe in a story from a California newspaper about a "Pacific Northwest cuisine" restaurant opening in Manhattan. I don't know what it has to to with any of the above places--it seems Middle Eastern or North African to me--but it sure is good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup capers, drained and smashed
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (1 to 2 lemons)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon harissa (a spicy Moroccan seasoning blend)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3-1/2 pounds)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1To make the marinade, combine the olive oil, capers, garlic, lemon juice, rosemary, paprika, harissa, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- 2Pound the chicken breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- 3Place the chicken in a large Ziplock bag and add the marinade. Make sure the chicken is coated on all sides, then refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 6 hours.
- 4Prepare your grill by scraping it, oiling it and heating it to high.
- 5Remove the chicken from the marinade, reserving the liquid. Place the chicken breasts a few inches apart on the grill. If you are using a charcoal grill, place the chicken directly over the hot coals.
- 6Grill the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through (the chicken should read 165°F on a meat thermometer inserted in the center). Remove the chicken from the heat, cover with foil and set aside.
- 7To make the sauce, in a medium saucepan combine the remaining marinade with 1 cup water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 8Whisk the flour into 1/3 cup cool water, then add to the marinade, stirring constantly. Bring to boil to thicken the sauce slightly. Remove from the heat and cool slightly.
- 9Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Lemon-Harissa Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 376.3
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 600.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 26.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: