Recipe by mama smurf
Found this recipe way back in the Taste of Home's Quick Cooking magazine and tweaked it for my family's taste. I have pounded the chicken breasts before I marinated them and fixed them on the Foreman Grill. It takes little time to prepare marinade but it needs to marinate for 6-8 hours then cook for 1 hour or until the chicken juice is clear.
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons choppped onions
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large plastic bag, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Remove 1/4 cup for basting and refrigerate.
- Add chicken to the bag; seal and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade from chicken. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20 minutes. Baste with the reserved marinade. Grill 20-30 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting and turning several times.
- The original recipe said you can bake the chicken in the oven for 50-60 minutes at 350 degree oven uncovered in a greased 13"x9" pan. (Turns out great!).