Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found this recipe on a low carb website. While I don't do low carb, I'm always searching for new recipes to try. Preparation times does not include marination time.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 large shallot, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients except oil, salt, pepper, and chicken.
- Process until the ingredients are finely chopped.
- Drizzle in the oil and run until the mixture is fluid.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Wash chicken and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place chicken in a ziploc bag.
- Add marinade and seal bag and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Preheat range top grill or outdoor grill.
- Grill for 7 minutes per side until juices are clear and internal temperature is 170 degrees.
I tasted the marinade before I put it on the chicken, and was a little skeptical. Then I tasted the cooked chicken, and WOW! I cut the chicken in 2" pieces and grilled on skewers, and couldn't have asked for anything moister or tastier. Made for PAC Fall 09.
Very good marinade that my entire family enjoyed. I find that marinading chicken for 20 minutes is all you ever really need especially if there is acidity in the marinade (it tends to "cook" the chicken after a very short amount of time) so that is all I did and it was wonderful.
Delicious and tender chicken. I left in the marinade for about 6 hours before grilling and it was super tasty. I used onion instead of shallot and cut garlic down to one clove.